Artology Fanfare Competition
Imagine hearing your music played by the Australian Youth Orchestra and broadcast at venues around Australia!
Enter online by Monday, 3 June 2019: https://artology.org.au/fanfare/
The annual Fanfare Competition sees 8 young people aged 12-21 years, compose a 30-second work which is recorded live by the Australian Youth Orchestra (AYO) and broadcast at venues around Australia to replace the traditional cue bells to call audiences to their seats.
Winning 8 participants receive:
• Free travel to attend three professional development workshops
• Work with industry professionals, mentor composers, conductor, sound engineers and musicians
• Attend a studio recording day with the Australian Youth Orchestra
• Receive a copy of the studio recording
• Hear their music broadcast at venues around Australia
• Invitations and travel to launch events
• 1 ATYP Sound Design Scholarship
• Publicity and media coverage
Benefits for music teachers:
• Curriculum-based activity with real-life outcomes
• Free online classroom activities and student DIY guides, created in partnership with Cool Australia and mapped to the Australian curriculum
• Invitations to attend launch events
The Fanfares are broadcast at our partnering venues: Arts Centre Melbourne; Adelaide Festival Centre; Perth Concert Hall; Art Gallery of NSW; and the Queensland Performing Arts Centre.