Why become an ASME member?
Do you care about MUSIC EDUCATION? Then ASME is for you!
- You believe in the importance of music education
- You want to belong to a network of like-minded music educators
- You want to be part of a national professional association which advocates for music education and represents music educators in a range of educational and political forums
- You want to further your professional involvement in music education
What are the benefits of becoming an ASME member?
- Reduced rates when attending ASME professional learning events
- Regular newsletters and information about music education issues
- Free copies of the Australian Journal of Music Education
- Access to support materials for music education advocacy
- Participation in consultation on matters about music education
- Networking opportunities at both state and national levels
- Access to knowledge about recent developments, latest resources and key personnel in music education
Membership of ASME is for any person or organisation supporting the purpose of ASME which is to foster and advance music education at all levels of general education in Australia. ASME members are teachers in schools, studios, community settings and universities, as well as tertiary music/music education students and people working in various facets of the music industry which relate to music education.
Membership of ASME involves both the national body and the Chapter of the State or Territory in which the member resides.
ASME Membership Categories – two Categories:
Full Member – an individual or an organisation (such as a school, business or other organisation). For those engaged in music education at a professional level. The annual membership subscription for full membership is currently $80.00. No GST is payable.
Note: In the case of an organisation being the member, then only one delegate from the organisation can attend an ASME function at the member’s rate.
Concession Member – Full-time student, or retiree. For those who are studying music or music education at a tertiary institution. The annual membership subscription for student members is $35.00. No GST is payable. This membership is also applicable for retired Music Educators.
Pay ASME Membership Using Downloadable PDF
There is a membership form available as a downloadable PDF. You can pay online with Paypal or Direct EFT Transfer to ASME Bank Account: Westpac, BSB: 732 776, Account Number: 07 0042 (*EFT – indicate your name).
Address for membership subscriptions:
ASME Membership Administrator
PO Box 7184
West Lakes, SA 5021
Fax: 08 8125 5749
Pay ASME Membership Using PayPal
To pay your membership using PayPal (or Direct Bank Transfer) use the option below. There is no need to log in to do this.