The South Australian chapter of ASME seeks to further the aims and objectives of ASME within South Australia in the following ways:
- In response to the professional needs of local music educators the SA chapter organizes a range of Saturday conferences or workshops. These events are designed to stimulate and support professional learning and facilitate networking with other music educators.
- The SA chapter endeavours to support the sharing of professional practice through its reporting of local and national events. Until the end of 2016, this was achieved through a Newsletter published and distributed in hard copy once per term. From 2017, information of this type is shared electronically through the e-Newsletter published at the beginning of each term on this website. There is also the ASME (SA) Facebook page.
- Publishing music teaching resources written by teachers – see Publications
- Organising the SA Young Composers Awards
- Strong and pro-active advocacy for music education with various authorities (including DECD, SACE, AMEB etc.)
- Collaborating with other music education organisations (including Orff, Kodaly and ANCA)
ASME SA participates in a wide range of activities including:
- Policy Development
- Professional Development